Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Principle of Teamwork

I was browsing the internet, google here and there when I came across an interesting quote. It was actually an advice to Michael Jordan's from his coach during his freshman year at UNC, Dean Smith, "Michael, if you can't pass, you can't play." Imagine, a very talented player, will all the skills. But he cannot play. What a waste. Michael Jordan realised this when he himself said, "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

Some people might not see the philosophy behind the message. Indeed the message contain the principle of teamwork. As a team, you have to work with your team mate. There is no 'I', 'me', 'mine' etc.....



It is amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn't matter who gets the credit. If you think that you want to get credit of your work alone, then there is something wrong.... Yes, you might have something (knowledge, experience etc.) that others might not. But working as a team, with all that you have, will give a better result. As Coach Phil Jackson Chicago Bulls said, "The strength of the team is each individual member...the strength of each member is the team."

We have to agree, that working as a team is better than working alone. Two head are better than one. Even Thomas Edison, when asked why he had a team of twenty-one assistants, he said, 'If I could solve all the problems myself, I would.'

I believe that each of you guys have something to contribute. Each of you guys have talent of your own. Make use of them but not for yourself but for the benefit of the team.

We have worked together before and we will continue to work together. We will share our tear, we will struggle towards our vision and we shall share our success together.

If you ask me, what do you believe... I will say, "I believe that my team is the team that will excel in whatever they do..." This is all because I believe in them...

No comments:

Post a Comment